Thursday, June 5, 2008

Orange Crush Top is Done!


WHOO HOO! I figured I was on a roll last night so I thought to myself how long can it take to put this Orange Crush top together...well close to four hours with a short break to eat and a few phone calls. I am the busy-ness of this top will grow on me because it kind of hurts my eyes at this point! I have never really made anything this scrappy and busy but it was fun to do though not sure I would ever attempt this one again! That is the fun of it though, Bonnie at Quiltville really challenges my skills and my boundaries and that helps me grow as a quilter. She makes it really fun so THANK YOU BONNIE! I may do borders similar to Bonnie's because her quilt seems more tamed and I used similar colors so...I think that will have to wait for a bit though since I have lots to do here to get ready for Hannah's party and ALL I did yesterday was sew, sew, sew! I can't wait to see some other OC tops posted...so far have only seen Bonnie's!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow and Cool! I am finishing up Part 4 right now, so seeing how your top has come together, I can't wait to actually tackle my orange in step 5!!! And, YES, your top is very busy, very scrappy, but.....that's what is so FUN about SCRAPPY! And IF you weren't so "on the ball," you wouldn't have to wait so long to see some other tops! :0)

Thanks for sharing pics of the AZ place in your previous post.

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on getting to this stage with the OC :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks great! I have enjoyed seeing each of the OC quilts coming together. I hope to work on mine this weekend. 4 hours you say?!?!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...