Sunday, December 23, 2007

Snow Day for Me!


I was supposed to pick up my friend Randy from the airport yesterday but his flight was cancelled due to fog in Ohio (so then I was supposed to get him today, but cancelled due to snow here...he made to Milwaukee where he is stuck for the third time!) so anyway we had a suprise free night and Kathy and I decided to make the Just Your Size quilt designed by Dorothy Young on my "Pocketful of Mysteries" online group. It went together really well and I used fabric from my stash...the cactus/sunset fabric was purchased when I visited Arizona a few years ago and I hadn't found a use for it...it seemed appropriate to use it now since we are planning to move to AZ this summer. I titled it Arizona Dreams...we will appropriately be dreaming of toasty warm Arizona all this last winter here in Wisconsin!
Today lots of snow shovelling and I watched an awful Packer game. I also cut out some of the stuff for a tablerunner for my sister.

No comments:

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....