Friday, April 12, 2024

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup on!  We played Doomlings while the kids napped which was fun.
I got a picture of my Friends All Around quilt outside finally.
I sewed with Becky and Barb last Thursday and Becky was working on her Merry Mayhem mystery from NYD #148 so Barb and I were trying to find ours on the blog and I realized neither made it there.  So here is my finished (back in January) mystery!  I do like how it came out.
Kathy had surgery on her neck last week Wednesday.  She had to be opened on both sides.  Her sister came out from New York for five days to help us out and cheer Kathy.  Her granddaughter Ayla is having a baby in July, they plan to name her Luna Mae.  So I sent some books and toys that Indie is too old for now (or that we did not need) since Indie is sitting up for Luna.  I also managed to tie and bind this eye spy quilt in one evening when we realized she was leaving the next day!  
I also let Kelly (Kathy's sister) pick out a baby quilt from the three I had done and she chose this one.  So Luna has two quilts coming her way.

My new favorite solo game (which can be played with up to four people) is Regicide!  It can be played with a regular deck of cards and the directions are free online on BGG.  I love it so much I bought the deck as I love the art.  I have played this game 38 times in the past two weeks.  Not bored yet!
Yesterday I sewed up my A Quilting Life BOM in yellow for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Loving this double check off each month.  I took me til the 11th to sew them since I have been more fatigued than usual and doing more as Kathy is not able to do all she usually does.  
I am doing the bonus HST's on these each month.  I always iron them as I go (learned from having a huge basket of them unironed at one point) though I do not trim them as I go.  They do wind up getting used.  




 

3 comments:

Deb A said...

Those HST's will make fun blocks once you find a purpose for them. It sounds like life is busy but you are enjoying every minute. Love the shot of you and Hazel.

dq said...

The All Around quilt is a fun one to look at!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wishing Kathy a speedy recovery, Andee, and that picture of you and Hazel is super cute! The outdoor photo makes your quilt look even more vibrant than the one taken inside. LOVE it!!

Moth in the Window Blocks are Complete!

I have eighty-one Moth in the Window blocks made this time around.  I laid them out and then took pictures, stared, changed things around, a...