Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Making Progress!

I  got my Ruby Jubilee all cut and sewn (two blocks not pictured, but they are all done).  Loving all the reds!  This may not be for my RSC but they are all red so linking up!
Barb got her first two blocks done too!  She is doing green.
Finished this book today.  It was alright.  Sending it on to my mom.
Still reading this one with my book club.  Much better than "The Iliad" in my opionion!
I did the simple little clue for Kathleen Tracy's Valentine mystery today.

I finally started assembling R Trail tonight.  I cannot tell you how tricky this one is for me.  I started out doing both ends at the same time like I usually do.  Then I realized that the butterfly blocks are tricky and I should check that both ends were the same.  They are not.  Unsewing and reusing what can be reused with less unsewing commenced.  I also realized that every other row the first half block and last half block switch.  So lots of checking and doublechecking before sewing.  The one inch sashing and cornerstones also require time and attention and pins!  


 

4 comments:

Vireya said...

Well done with your RT! I am still making the infill triangles, but thanks for alerting me that making both ends the same won't work. You've saved me some heartache, I expect.

Unknown said...

Looks like you are having fun with RED, Andee! Lovely projects on the go.
(The Joyful Quilter @ work)

Quilter Kathy said...

Good for you to proceed with the very challenging layout. I'm going the easy route... less blocks, straight set, no sashing, and borders from extra units.
I really love Bonnie's design but it's too challenging for me right now.

Unknown said...

Thanks for blogging to share this great blog for me to find out.
Fishing Jackpot

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...