Friday, March 19, 2021

Grassy Creek is a Flimsy and Hazel on the Antique Quilts

Decided to get out the antique quilts that my grandmother had made for her son in law's second wedding and last baby.  I have told you the wild story on here before.  So here is Hazel on my Uncle Rick's baby quilt.
Finally finished up the string borders and got them on (they fit perfectly!) Grassy Creek.  I need to get a picture outside...we will see if it is sunny enough today.  Snow is melted but things are still a bit wet.  Sunshine immediately did her happy dance on top of it.  


Here is Hazel on top of the wedding quilt.  I have a picture of me around this age on the same quilt (see bottom).  Hazel loves quilts and I hope she will continue the tradition...her mom does do a bit of sewing but so far does not have the bug like I do!  Here is the story!


 

3 comments:

Vireya said...

Hazel looks like such a happy baby! I hope she grows up to want to quilt with you, that would be just wonderful.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What special photos to go along with those cherished quilts, Andee!! Congratulations on finishing up your Grassy Creek quilt top. It looks SEW restful.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh How sweet!!!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...