Monday, May 1, 2017

Monday Stitching with a Friend


 I worked early today so after that and Pilates I went to Barb's to sew.  I first cut out a bunch of hexagons for more potholders.  I have a whole stack cut and ready to sew.  Next I finally put together this Betty's Choice top which I made in 2015 as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Linking up with the  RSC .
Amy of Amy's Passions made the alternate connector block and we swapped a set each.  Super happy with this and may take Amy's suggestion to put a thin white border on it and then a colorful piano key border of 4.5 inches.  Really fun!
I also took apart my Little Bit Hexie quilt and made scanter seams so it would fit together better.  Happy with this one too!  Pattern is from Quiltville.

Kevin the Quilter posted cute trees last Christmas and though I kitted it up with scraps I had, I never had time to get to it.Today I made two trees, they were really fun. I may make a couple more and do a little wallhanging.  You can find his pattern here!
Now to update my Pinterest UFO list!

3 comments:

Vireya said...

Looks like it was a very productive sewing day!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on getting Betty's Choice together. I absolutely LOVE that you and Amy collaborated on that project!! I made a whole forest of Kevin's trees last Christmas for my Quilt Bee. I still have 2 tree here for decorating my own home (and studio.)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Bettys Choice is Ah-Mazing!!!!

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....