Monday, April 4, 2016

A Quilt Camp Weekend of Nothing but Talkin' Turkey!

 I had all my blocks done when I arrived this camp but soon discovered the purple goosey had lost its way so I had to fix it.   Of course, it was already in the quilt by that time!  Not sure how I missed it when I made it!
 I made all the flying geese Quilt in a Day style and am glad I prepped as much as I did on that since it still took forever,  I already had the rainbow border made but had to tear the papers and sew into strips.  There as also an inner border I had to cut colored squares for and add to the neutrals I had already prepped.
 We arrived around 5 PM on Thursday and it took me all of that night, Friday (minus a few hour run to town for Barb and a two mile hike), Saturday (minus another two mile hike) and an hour Sunday morning to get this done in time to hang out!  It truly was all I worked on.  I am so glad my pup challenge for Nimble Thimbles is a flimsy!  This was also my Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt from 2014 so I need to find a linky on Angela's Blog and hook it up!  Pattern is in Bonnie Hunters.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

I love your colorful, scrappy Talking Turkey. Absolutely love the border! This pattern is now on my bucket list. You go girl : )

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love it!! That border is just so perfect for it!! Great job!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a productive quilt camp!! Your Talkin' Turkey looks GREAT, but I wouldn't have bothered with turning the wayward track. Good luck with the quilting!

Robby said...

What an explosion of color your quilt is! I've always liked the pattern, but your color choices really bring it to life. Obviously, I'm going to need to make one. Thanks for the inspiration.

Roslyn said...

your Talking Turkey quilt is wonderful, missing your blogposts hope the migraines stay away!
Roslyn

SandyPA said...

Andee, I have missed your updates. It's time to add a new post to let us know what you've been up to! Or did you melt into a puddle of goo in that Arizona heat wave?

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....