Sunday, February 21, 2016

Another Nice Weekend in Arizona!

 Not a ton of sewing this weekend.  Kathy and I did a hike on Saturday morning, then I worked all afternoon while she did homework for medical coding and billing classes.  After work I went to a meet up with the "Chubby Chicks" which is a great group of ladies! Coree had us over to her house and we made sugar scrub!
 I made a lemongrass one and a eucalyptus orange one.
 Meanwhile, I got to talking to Jeanne and she invited me (and Kathy) to go on a hike with her and Liz.  We wound up inviting new to the area Gena along too!  The four of us met up and drove way over to Liz' side of town and she took us on a great hike!  This is the McDowell Sonoran Preserve and we did the Lost Dog Wash Trail.  It has an overlook at the end where you can see Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West.  It has been on our list to tour that, so I think it just moved up!
Jeanne took this picture so she is not in it, this is the overlook area where you gaze at the gorgeous view and then turn around!
 Afterwards, Kathy and I went to Roadrunner Sports and got me a new pair of trail shoes!  I went down a half a size and did not need wide in this style.  I love them, they are super comfortable.  My old ones suddenly seemed a big big.  I will wash them and will still use them now and then as they are still in decent shape, but it was time. They were regular shoes too but these are trail shoes...will see if I like them better!

 Finally got in a little sewing.  Very happy the Temecula Quilt Company gave us a nice easy block this week for Circa 2016.

Kathy and I also did our 35th Ave. BOM QOV blocks.  


Next weekend I am hitting a craft sale up north with mom Friday afternnoon (yay afternoon off work!), doing a workshop all day Saturday and the CC group has planned a hike (same one Becky and I did a few weeks ago) based on my recommendation so it too shall be a busy weeknd!

No comments:

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...