Sunday, November 7, 2010

Carolina Crossroads Clue Five and Six are Done!

This morning I did some cutting and pinning and sewing and completed the last bit of step five and step six of Carolina Crossroads. I also pinned for step seven...the final step before the layout.



It feels so good to finally be this close to the end on this one! I am so glad I snuck it in because I always wished I had just joined in when I joined the group and this mystery was in progress on quiltville! I think I have a chance of getting all the blocks done before the Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll starts November 19th! I know the sewing of the rows will be a big project since it is huge and on point but it will get done. Then the only mystery of Bonnie's I haven't done is Tobacco Road...hmm, may sneak that in in 2011! Of course I always order the matching magnets and pins from Forest Jane at zazzle.com too!
I haven't gotten any farther on my binding for Puddle Jump Mystery and the Atkinson Designs pattern either. Today I will meet up with Ros (in an hour or so) and pick up the newest Outside the Box quilt...then I need to complete the sleeve on it and the binding as well as get a sleeve on the Flock of Triangles quilt for the autism art show in December. Never done sleeves so wish me luck on that!

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

Your blocks are looking great. Carolina Crossroads was the first mystery quilt that I ever made and I must say that I am hooked. I think Tobacco Road is my favorite though, it lives on the daybed in the guest bedroom and I admire it every time I am in the room.

Sue said...

Those blocks are looking fabulous. I thought of you when I read Bonnie was starting a new mystery.

Barb said...

I agree with the first comment...looking really really great!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...