Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Gift from the NewQuiltingClub

Me, Tina and Dad in August 2009. He has the quilt I made him when he first got throat cancer two years ago.
The gals in my yahoo group NewQuiltingClub suprised me wiht a Healing Hugs quilt! I came home from work to a box from Chicago and look at all the love and good thoughts that went into this quilt. I was so stunned...they know my dad's cancer is terminal and wanted to remind me that they care. Sometimes strangers are more amazing than family. I was wrapped in it all night while watching the Packers beat the Cardinals (who I root for when they aren't playing the Packers, but the Pack will always come first!) and it is now on the back of the couch so I don't forget what a wonderful group of people I have all over the country (and a few the world) who care about me.

This is the label they put on the back of it too...so very thoughtful. It was good to see my Dad with my sister. He has made his peace and knows he will go to God which is comforting, but he is weak and has lost alot of weight already and mostly is in his recliner and sleeps alot. It was so good to spend time with him and get some pictures too.

1 comment:

Jane said...

So glad you were able to spend some time with your dad and what a lovely quilt to come home to. This will be so special for you

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...