Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pincushion Exchange...




My online group NewQuiltingClub is having a fourth year anniversary party in June and we are trading up homemade pincushions, fat quarters and doing a mystery wall hanging together to celebrate. They are a fun group! So I made a few flying geese pincushions...one of which will be exchanged. I had trouble getting good pictures...I think I was too close or something...but it wasn't for lack of trying!
















I also made up the block for my quilt history group that meets tonight. I hated the block before I started and hated it even more when it was done. LOL. It is a french log cabin block designed by Anne Champe Orr. It is lopsided looking to me and I barely make out the flower that is supposed to be there. HAHA! But mostly I love the blocks and it was fun to try this one...the perfectionist in me wants to do it again, but nah...I hated it! We meet again tonight to discuss the Chicago World's Fair and the Sears Competition...that should be fun!

No comments:

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...