Saturday, March 9, 2024

Indigo Way is a Flimsy, a Wedding, and my RSC!

I am all caught up on A Quilting Life's BOM and my Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2024.  I went back and made a second January block in green and then made two blocks in purple for March.  Loving these scrappy blocks!


For Christmas Becky sent me a Halloween table runner.  It arrived in early February I think, but accidentally went to our old Milwaukee address.  The people there took it in their house and their dog got to the package.  They thought it was not damaged, but one green square was ripped apart.  I did not want to mention it to Becky (I love this table runner) so I got a spider and sewed it over the top.  Looks even better!  I have one more smaller spider that I might just add to the other side!


Last weekend my goddaughter (and niece from ex hubby's side) got married nearby.  She lives in Milwaukee.  Kelsey and Tony have been together for ten years and finally decided to marry.  She was a beautiful bride and I predict many happy years for the two of them!  Hazel was the flower girl which was super cute.  
I held Indie for about ninety minutes (the whole ceremony and some of the dinner/reception) and as far as I know there are no pictures of it.  Kathy had her for five minutes, but I got a picture.  Indie is such a snuggler and a happy baby.  She has a helmet til April for a slightly wrongly shaped head.  It is pretty much fixed now.  She looks so cute with her helmet and when we take it off we barely recognize her.  She wears it 23 hours a day.
Here are Kelsey and Tony with Talkin Turkey which I gave them for their wedding.  It looks like they love it!  This was a hard one to part with, but I can see they appreciate it! 
                          

Now on to my big finish!  I had two days in a row of sewing this week!  Indie started daycare so I have the girls two days a week now (instead of a third day with Indie) so I am recovering a bit better and can sew more.


I had the top together the end of February and was putting off trimming it and getting the borders on. I did not follow the directions correctly as I thought I could take a shortcut, haha!  So I had to add a partial unit to the end of my border to make it work out.

My corners are not great and I am not sure this is perfectly square, but Indigo Way is done.  I love how the colors came out.
 


There is not enough room to lay this out in the living room.  I had to move furniture, and it is still on top of a chair leg.  So happy to have this one done!

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice work on your RSC blocks! I haven't really touched my PURPLE scrap basket yet. Congratulations on getting your Indigo Way top together, Andee! It looks amazing!!

Jenny said...

Family weddings are always so nice, and the happy couple look thrilled with their quilt. Your poor table runner, being eaten by a dog! The spider was a good fix though.

Astrid said...

Love your BOM blocks. I'm doing them too, such fun. The wedding gift quilt is so beautiful and I'm sure they love it! Your quilt top is so pretty, love the colors. Sorry about the table runner, great idea adding the spider. It looks like it was meant to be there.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...