Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Progress...Slow and Steady!

I really have not sewn much the past two weeks.  Before that I got all the blocks and half blocks ready for Winter Blues in Green.  I then realized I had a TON of sashing to cut and cornerstones.  Wind out of sails  I just did not feel like cutting all that!  There is so much cutting and subcutting in this one!  I am loving my new ruler for doing it but still.  I also am pretty sure that I want to do a yellow version of this and then combine the two colors for TWO Packer quilts instead of doing one green one.  So plenty more sewing and cutting to happen, but I put it away for a break.
I also quilted up the Kathleen Tracy Mystery Quilt.  Pretty happy with how it turned out.
I got out the Modern Maples quilt kit Kathy bought me several years ago.  I was thinking that would make a nice fall project.  I love the fabric and the pattern but for some reason just did not feel like getting going on it.  I admired it all, and put it all away again.  Not even sure I will make this one....may just mix the fabric in and use it elsewhere.  Where is the quilting mojo?
Still getting the Once Upon a Book Club boxes.  This one was a good read and I liked some of the gifts, but I have been reselling them and not keeping any of it...helps me justify the cost of it!  I read the book in one day.

 A few days ago I did finally cut and then the next day sew something!  I made these Tending the Garden blocks which were a bit of a challenge.  I really struggled with the flowers.  Sewed the wrong colors not once but twice!  One yellow part on each was not as big as the others, etc.  Oh well, like in nature, each flower is different.  I also accidently made the blue part of the can too large but decided it looked fine so I left it.  


2 comments:

Moneik said...

Looks like you got a lot accomplished. I love my Stripology rulers too! I do far better cutting on my breaks/lunch at work than I do at home. I like to sew when I am home.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your new finish, Andee! Sorry to hear that your sewjo has gone south. Maybe if you start on the cheery yellow to mix with the green blocks you've finish, that might help. What do you think?

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...