Sunday, August 13, 2017

Red, White, and Blue and a Rainbow

 Finally boxing up and mailing out our Quilt of Valor quilts from the 35th Ave. BOM last year.  Mine is above, Kathy's is below.
Barb's is the same but she did a cool border in red, white, blue and black.  I cannot find the picture I took of hers when she finished it but I know I have one!  
 This month's UFO number pull was this Little Bit Hexie.  I need to get to hand quilting it in the month of August.


I finished up my brown blocks for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  She said neutrals but that does not really work for me so I did browns.  If she picks brown I will do a different color.  Hopefully orange is coming up soon!  This is Straits of Mackinac and it is really coming along well in all these different colors!
I also got a little bit sewn on last month's Children's Library blocks...trying to get caught up to August on that. I hate feeling behind!

6 comments:

SandyPA said...

Hi Andee! What is your layout plan for the Mackinac? It seems a bit busy to have the blocks joined without some kind of sashing to allow eyes to rest and each block to shine. Your blocks are looking beautiful, by the way.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The QOVs are so beautiful - i really love your Mackinac one!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I see plenty of LIGHT NEUTRALS in your brown RSC blocks!! Nice work on those Quilts of Valor, too.

scraphappy said...

Shh, don't tell anyone, orange is coming up very soon.

Andee said...

Sweeet!

Andee said...

Sweeet!

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....