Sunday, April 12, 2015

What Happens at Quilt Camp....

On Thursday Terri picked me up and we headed to Prescott for quilt camp!  I was so excited to be going even though I had been having some pain on and off since Tuesday.  It wasn't awful and I thought I would be fine.  So Thursday after lunch I had more pain and set up at camp and sewed anyway.  I managed to make up these two purple Betty's Choice blocks for Amy and I and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  
 Next I made up this block and since I had made two of the previous one and I had planned to make two sets of the outer flying geese I went a little nuts and made two of the inner one by accident too!  Sometimes I just don't know...maybe it was the pain!
 After that I got out this Laundry Day Quilt kit by Kim Diehl.  I managed to get all of the inner pieces made before bed.  I am in love with this cute quilt, love the pattern, love the size, love the fabrics!
 I didn't sleep real well so I was up and sewing by 9 or 9:30 AM.  I also made the binding.  I even got started on the pairing the borders for Orange Crush.
I started having pain again and finished this little quilt.  We had plans to meet up with Becky in town at 11 and so Terri, Dr. Kathy and her mother in law and I all went into town and did a little shopping before going to lunch.  My pain kept getting worse and before their food came (I already knew I wasn't eating) I started crying and Terri jumped up to take me to the ER.  Becky later met us there with Terri's boxed up food.  They both stayed with me and kept me in good spirits until the ambulance drove me back to my home hospital where I had had my gallbladder surgery five weeks ago.

 Love these girls, they are great friends and I am truly blessed that we all found each other!  So the ER ran tests and told me I had a gallstone in my bile duct and needed an ERCP that they couldn't do.  That is why they called Mercy Gilbert and sent me back there.  Once there, Kathy was relieved to be with me.  For various reasons I just hung out getting sicker with the pain coming and going (at rib cage and between shoulder blades) for hours at a time.  The ERCP never did get done, but my billirubin and jaundice went from bad to worse to better over the three days they were checking.  I will spare you the details of all the sickness I had, but by today (Sunday) it all seemed better.  They could not longer find a stone and felt that it had passed.  Crossing my fingers that is so!
 Meanwhile here is the picture I got of all that the ladies sewed without me.  I was tickled to death to see that my little quilt is hanging next to Terri's!  I don't know who did hat otherwise, but some really pretty quilts!
 Terri and Becky packed up my stuff and Becky delivered it to my house on the way home from camp.  Thanks girls!  I unpacked it all and took a few pictures of the groups the blocks go to.  These are mine and Amy's and a few extras of Betty's Choice.
 Kind of blurry, but all the RSC blocks so far I have done.  Linking up to Rainbow Scrap Challenge!


Mystic Quilter said...

I am so sorry to read about your hospital stay! Hope you are feeling much better today.
Your Betty's Choice blocks are looking so good, a lovely collection.

PaulaB quilts said...

What a trooper (or crazy quilter like the rest of us). Amazing that you got all that done in such pain. Happy to hear that you are on the mend, so lucky to have great friends.

Vireya said...

You poor thing. That sounds awful.
Hope you will be OK now, and whatever it was is gone for good.
Hooray for friends!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Quilt Camp sounds AWESOME!! More hospital time sounds TERRIBLE!! Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Magpie Sue said...

Good heavens, what an awful way to spend retreat time! You accomplished quite a bit before succumbing to the pain though. Sure hope things improve for you over the coming week!

Scrappy quilter said...

What a horrible way to spend a retreat. Glad to hear you are better. Love what you did get done.

Deb A said...

Oh no! Not good hearing you landed in the ER and hospital. Glad you are on the mend and hopefully the pain does not resurface. I am amazed at all you got done despite the pain. Hugs for a quick recovery.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness... what a terrible retreat for you :(
So sorry to hear all that you have been through. I sure hope that 's the end of it, and it's all quilting, all the time going forward!

Roslyn said...

Crazy for quilting for sure, Andee, so glad you did not require further invasion though I know you must have been very miserable!
Now get well and strong, maybe you got lucky and dropped a few more pounds!!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Well Andee! I am so sorry I didn't know about this until now! I hope you are done with your gallbladder woes! At least you got a little sewing time in with your friends at the retreat....but, that would really suck! I am sure you would have rather been there than at the hospital!

Terri said...

Catching up on my blog reading and what do I find but my name and picture posted all over the place! LOL

You already know I love you back. I kept your little quilt out when I packed your stuff so you could be represented in all the pretty we made that weekend.

So glad you're back to your almost-old self. We'll try it again in October :D