Friday, December 28, 2018

In the Quilting Studio!

I am enjoying my vacation.  Still need to rest nonstop, but I can sew here and there and so far that is about all I have done besides read.  Whipped up a few trivets for Kathy's nieces for Christmas.  We have not been exchanging gifts with them, but her brother in law is dying of cancer so all the kids and their kids are in town for what is likely his last Christmas.  We gave him the Patriots quilt I had quilted for Kathy for Christmas.  She is going to keep her En Provence Patriots quilt instead so it is ready to be longarmed.  Kathy gave me this cool sloth mug for Christmas and I am working on book 53 for this year.  Not nearly enough reading this year for me, but more than the average ready anyway.

 I finished putting the binding on Kathy's On Ringo Lake.  This one will soon be gifted to Sam and Ashley on their wedding next March.  Baby boy Barrett due this March so wedding was delayed a year!

 Ros did a great job quilting it.  I was going to link to it on her blog, but I cannot find the post on it. 
 Since I (and Kathy!) are all caught up on the clue, I sewed, ripped paper, ironed and organized a ton of HST's and other random blocks we had so they might be more usable.
 I dug out this long ago given to me "Buttermilk" UFO.  Someone else made the cute little nine patches and I put them together in this little quilt.
 I really want to do a New Year's Eve or New Year's Day mystery, but so far none have caught my eye.  I may just work on UFO's or something instead.  Kathy has to work.  I am planning on joining in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge again this year on SuperScrappy's blog.  I was trying to decide between these two patterns but think I have opted for the easier one so I am able to actually get it done each month. 
Bonnie has posted clue six for Good Fortune, so now it is time to get to it!

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats to Kathy on her completed On Ringo Lake!! I think it will make a lovely wedding gift. I turned out beautifully!

Vireya said...

Great to see another completed Ringo Lake! It looks lovely.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on finishing Ringo... mine's still a quilt top.
Hope you feel lots better in 2019!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...